Building on the success of the launch event last month in Chicago, the Retail Bakers of America (RBA) will host the second RBA Roadshow March 3 in Seattle. Designed to bring bakers, cake decorators, vendors, students and educators together, this one-day event will be held at Renton Technical College, Renton, Wash.
The day will begin with bakery tours of Bakery Nouveau, Cupcake Royale and Shoofly Pie. The program then segues into the vendor showcase, featuring top bakery industry vendors, including Dawn, BakeMark, Bella Cupcake Couture, Puratos and Lucks.
The educational offerings will be in the afternoon and include:
- Fun, Single-Serve Desserts (Charra Jarosz)
- The Art of Shoe Making (Norm Davis and Zane Beg)
- Brushed Embroidery and Advanced Piping Techniques (Mary Ann Quitugua)
- Pricing for Profit: “As Seen on TV” Cakes (Beth Fahey)
- Craving Success: A Start-Up Junkie’s Path from Passion to Profits (Melody Biringer)
- Champagne Wishes and Budweiser Budgets: Defining Your Sales Process (Renee Rouwhorst)
- All-Natural Baking (Puratos)
- Baking with Whole Grains (Tina Powers)
- Laminated Doughs: Danish and Puff Paste (Erhard Volcke)
“RBA’s refocus on education has made the RBA Roadshow a signature piece of our programming for the bakery industry and our members,” Ken Downey, RBA president, said in a statement. “We hope to continue to build on the success of the first Roadshow in Chicago and to move to more areas of the country to reach the bakers where they live.”
More information is available on RBA’s website.
The Roadshow is part of RBA’s return to focusing on education and networking. Read about the changes happening at RBA.