Five of the top pâtissiers, chefs and chocolatiers have been selected to form the prestigious jury panel for the U.S. selections of World Chocolate Masters, hosted by Cacao Barry®, Callebaut® and Carma®, the gourmet chocolate brands of Barry Callebaut, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality cocoa and chocolate products.
- Lauren Haas, Callebaut Ambassador and Pastry Chef Instructor, Johnson & Wales University, R.I.
- Dimiti Fayard, Pastry Chef Instructor, French Pastry School, Chicago, Ill.
- Jérôme Landrieu, Director of the Barry Callebaut Chocolate Academy and Cacao Barry Technical Advisor, Chicago, Ill.
- Rocco Lugrine, Cacao Barry Ambassador and Pastry Chef Instructor, Art Institute of Philadelphia, Pa.
During the weekend competition, the finalists will present a chocolate showpiece, a molded praline / molded bonbon, a gastronomic chocolate dessert and their own interpretation of the classic American pastry, the donut. The jury will evaluate the creations, based on criteria such as artistry, taste, adherence to the theme of Architecture of Taste and technical skills.
The finalists include:
- Jove Hubbard, Executive Pastry Chef, The James Hotel, Chicago, Ill.
- Todd Owen, Executive Pastry Chef, Old Edwards Inn and Spa, Highlands, N.C.
- Evan Sheridan, Chef de Tournant, University Club of Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Jean-Francois Suteau, Executive Pastry Chef, The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, W.Va.
The U.S. titleholder will go on to compete against top culinary artisans from 18 countries in the 2013 World Chocolate Masters, an initiative of Barry Callebaut. World Chocolate Masters is in its 5th edition and is the only global culinary competition dedicated to the art of chocolate.
More information is available at www.WorldChocolateMasters.com