The 5th International Congress on Self-Control and Food Safety – KAUSAL 2012 will be held from 17 – 19 October in Barcelona with the theme All together, safer food. This conference is the leading scientific meeting on the present and future of self-control and food safety throughout the food chain as well as a meeting point for professionals working in food safety.
At this year’s congress, they seek to reflect on the importance of sharing a common goal: to provide safe foods. Working in coordination: companies, public administrations, research centers and citizens; collaborating with those involved in every stage of the food chain, from primary production to the final consumer; they will be able to guarantee food safety and offer markets and consumers foods they can trust.
During the congress, they will address all relevant leading issues at present including:
- The self-control current situation in the EU: Where are we and where are we heading to?
- The role of self-control in international trade and the role of private certification
- The challenge of self-control system implementation in the primary sector and in small and medium-sized enterprises
- The latest advances in the identification of emerging hazards, different verification and validation systems, fast screening methods for analysis and leading systems for critical point control
- Innovative food safety management systems for companies, using ‘smart solutions’
- Consumer perception on food safety and self-control and the importance of communication in highlighting our commitment to establish a global food safety culture
The congress is aimed at quality professionals and food companies, university staff, public administration staff, consultancy firms, scientific bodies and, in general, food safety professionals working from primary production to the final consumer.